Wednesday, April 09, 2008

Dedikasi Khusus Untuk Zaharin Sang Kelembai

In another life time, in a galaxy, far, far away, I used to work for a retired PCK – Pengarah Cawangan Khas. I can tell my grandchildren many amazing stories from that era of my life, but yesterday as Zaharin’s story broke out, I was reminded of an occasion I had with the ex-PCK. Of this occasion I must tell the world. How he while sipping tea in his dingy office casually remarked:

Din, you kena faham mentality rank-and-file, most of the times their ideas are too big for their brains.

Those few words … their ideas are too big for their brains … etched themselves on to my own brain as though they were a God-inspired revelation. Thereafter, in many ways the message colored my attitude towards subordinates.

Damn the man – for he caused me to unconsciously categorize people into neat mental compartments of Brahmins, alpha-males, and pariahs waiting to be used. And that is how all along I see Zaharin the blogger – a pariah begging to be used.

And if you ever wondered why I never made it into the bloggers’ alliance, the answer ought to be clear by now: I was forever expecting a buyout to happen. I can almost feel it in the skin of my teeth. Finally I can stop holding my breath.

No comments: